Saturday, September 13, 2008

Vira

I am back from Hong Kong! It was a fun time, got the visa all straightened out once again, and got to experience another great city. Of course, someday I will go back as there was way too much to see and so little time.

The next family that contacted me was Vira's family, so I will be featuring her today.



Vira is a little girl that I also met here last year. She was born with a condition called congenital limb deletion, meaning that she was born with part of her arm missing. She doesn't seem to miss it though! She carries on just like the other kids and loves to play outside. I remember last year she would crawl around on the floor using her arm just like a hand, and this seemed to concern the nannies, but she thought nothing of it. And this year she is running around just like everybody else! When she is adopted her name will be Grace :)

This is a picture of Vira and I last year.



Vira at the Olympic celebration at PHF (on the left).



Getting in trouble for playing in the water in the plants :)

6 comments:

janetd64 said...

Glad to see you posting! I love that smile on her face where she is "getting in trouble"! How could you get mad at a face like that? What a sweetie! Keep posting!
Love, Mom

Charlene said...

Thank you, Tabitha!!! I love that grin in the picture of her "getting into trouble" too! She's growing up and changing too quickly!

Thank you!!

Pam said...

Oh that "trouble" picture!!!!! That face is just way too cute!

Pam

Ashley and Mike said...

Great post! I love the picture from last year!

Ashley

Table for Six said...

Charlene and Tabitha, HOW PRECIOUS! love love love that smile and like others said,, the'in trouble' photo.. just laughing Charlene as I am thinking the trouble you are in for when she meets her sister, Shoaey and the two of them will be 'two peas in a pod'
Jill

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that "Vira" has a family coming for her. We have been praying daily for her since my husband spent a week in Langfang in April. (We would have loved to have adopted her but we can't begin another adoption right now.) We have more pictures of her for her family if they want to contact me. thompsons2china @ yahoo.com
-Melinda