Thursday, September 4, 2008

Shia

I couldn't decide what order to feature the kids in who's parents have recently found my blog, so I thought I would feature them in the order that I heard from them. That makes little Shia the first one!

I hear that her name will be Kate when she is adopted :) She looks like a Kate to me already.



I met Shia (Kate) when I was here last year. She arrived during the last month of my trip. I went over to the House of Peace to play with her often and push her in the swing. This is her in the swing last year.


When I saw Shia this year I was so surprised because she looks so different! I had to do a double take! You see, last year when she arrived she had a hamangioma (mass) on the left side of her face. This year the mass in nearly completely gone! She has not needed anymore treatments since March and is doing great! She is a very quiet, sweet, and reserved little girl. Hopefully she will meet her family shortly as I know they are very anxious to meet her!



My next feature will be Vira, so I will leave you with a few pictures of Vira and Shia together. They weren't too excited about this little photoshoot, so we'll have to try again later ;)



9 comments:

jeanette said...

Since I'm friends with "Shia"'s family..I was so excited to see this! Thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tabitha! I am just smiling seeing my sweet girl!!!!!

Pam

Table for Six said...

How sweet are THEY!!!!!
Jill, Drew's momma

Table for Six said...

Drew's new name will be:
Andrew Hayden Anmin Shelton

Hayden is also my maiden name!
Andrew is my g-grandfather :O)and will call him Drew

Bob and Jill S.

janetd64 said...

Do you have any bubbles over there? That should help with the pictures, maybe make Vira smile for you :) I can send some with Leslie if you want me to.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I sent several things of bubbles in my care package earlier this week!

pam

Amy said...

I love your blog, tabitha. What a blessing you are to these parents. I know both Shia and Elijah, and so it's so fun to see the pictures! Thank you!!

Charlene said...

Thank you, Tabitha!!!!!!! Oh, she's growing up before I can get there. :-(

2 China 4 Addison said...

I have loved checking in on your blog. I know both Shia and Vira's families, and these girls will be loved like crazy when they get HOME! We are so thankful you are there in the meantime.
Blessings,
Becki
mommy to a Jiangxi girl!