Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This is awesome...

The past few days have been pretty cool. And why, you ask? Because in the past three days I have had five adoptive families contact me via email and this blog, four of whom have kids right here where I am! If this isn't exciting enough, one of them is the family of my sweet Drew!

They say there are 6 degrees of separation between everybody in the world. In other words, you know somebody, that knows somebody, that knows somebody, that knows somebody, that knows somebody, that knows "X" person. And the whole human population is connected in this way. Sometimes I wonder if it is in reality even a 6 degree separation, and not a 3 or 4 degree separation. Maybe this is because I can't meet somebody in Nashville without having 5 friends in common, or maybe I have just been there too long. But I have even met people in China that know people I know in Nashville and in other places in the states...and that is just weird to think about.

It is so awesome to hear from these families that are all connected through PHF and adoption agencies and blogs about the new and anxiously awaited additions to their families, to hear about how God moved in their lives, and to hear their stories of how they came to be the parents of Shia, Vira, Jackie, and Drew! Another family from Tennessee has contacted me and is traveling this month for their little girl, as well as a family from my church who is adopting an older girl from Luoyang. I can't wait to see them and to hopefully meet all of these families.

With all of this, I found it only fitting to feature these kids next in my blog so stay tuned for info on these precious children!

On another note, (well not really another note but I couldn't think of a good transition), if you are an adoptive mom, dad, family member, etc and are reading this I would love to hear from you!

13 comments:

Table for Six said...

God is so good. I am crying happy tears as I read your post and could feel your excitment for the families (us being one of them):O). I can't wait to tell Drew about you one day and to keep in touch with you so you are able to see 'our' (yours and mine ;o)son grow into a Godly man. Praising God for your obedience and love, Praising God for the world of blogs and internets so our wait is somehow lessened by your words and photos..all through the hands of God.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this is PRICELESS to us, the mommas and daddys who wait.

MUCH LOVE
The Shelton's
Jill, Bob Sarah Grace, Sophia and Daniel.. and soon Drew!

Wolfes Home said...

I second everything Jill said!! Thank you for this special blessing. We pray for the staff at PHF daily. How very special to be in touch with someone that is right there in touch with our son!! May God richly bless you.

Ashley and Mike said...

Can we make it 6 families? Do you know "Jasmine?" She is 2 years old and was there last year. She arrived in October 2007 and was at PHH until about 6 weeks ago when the orphanage took her back. She is now at Eagles Wings III waiting for us. We are thrilled that she is going to be our daughter, and like your post said, thrilled that we have been led to your blog. If you met her last year when you were there or have any pictures, we would love to hear more about her. She has one crossed eye in case that helps. Thanks!

Ashley in Georgia

Ashley and Mike said...

Thought of something else that may ring a bell about our little one...check out our blog for her pictures.

www.alegacyofhope.blogspot.com

We are so in love!

jeanette said...

Hi! I found your blog thru Shia's family. :) My hubs and I volunteered there for 2 days last Nov. before starting our official adoption trip for our daughter.

We LOVED every minute of our time there..and fell in love with a couple of the kids. :)

Would love to email you and ask a few questions. if you have time, could you email me at chick n boy @ cox .net (just take out the spaces)? :)

Thanks and blessings!
jeanette

Unknown said...

Not an adoptive family, but if you hear from someone named McKenzie, he is an old friend from our church in Cookeville and is now teaching English in Beijing. I told him about PHF and that there was a fellow Tennessean there, so he may look you up one day.

Tabitha Michelle said...

Oh I love all of these families!
Jill- You don't know what that would mean to me to be able to watch Drew grow up! You are going to make ME cry :) He can just call me Aunt Tabitha! hehe

Jocelyn-Chris-Oh he is go great! This is random, but do you know Judy Williams by any chance?

Ashley and Mike- I do know Jasmine! I left in Sept last year, but I have seen her this year and I do have pictures! So cute!

Jeanette- I got your email and will respond shortly!

Jeanne- I will keep my eyes open for a McKenzie!

Unknown said...

Hi Tabitha! This is Lisa Z., Megan and Emma's mom from playgroup back in Franklin!! I have been living my dream of working in China through you these past months.
You are so lucky to be there during the Olympics! I am doubly-jealous!!
:)
For those of you reading who have never met Tabitha in person...She IS as sweet as she sounds.
:)
Hope to see you soon and maybe go with you one day to China!!
Lisa Z. in TN

Wolfes Home said...

Tabitha-- Judy Williams of Joplin, MO? If so, YES!

Mom to my China Posse said...

Hi Tabitha, My daughter to be used to be at langfang, (her name is Rachel) but she is now in foster care in Tianjin. We hope to travel for her this Fall. Jill emailed me about your blog and I wanted to say hello and see if you have ever heard abotu our "rachel" Thanks, Kathy
teamlowe@yahoo.com

Tabitha Michelle said...

Lisa- I would love for you to come to China with me one day! I could show you around Beijing that's for sure!

Jocelyn- Judy Williams in Kansas with the organization Hope's Heart, so must be a different person :)

Kathy- I have heard of Rachel, but unfortunately I am not able to see the kids that are in Tianjin.

Mandie said...

We are Charlie's family and hope to be traveling the first of the new year. We would love anything you can share with us about him.

Mandie, Shawn and Madison

Tabitha Michelle said...

Hi Mandie! Charlie is a doll! I will try to make a post about him soon!