Sunday, July 6, 2008

Blue Skies in China really do exist!!

I know there are a few of you reading this that have been to Beijing recently, and noted the heavy pollution in the city. I just want you to know that the sky was BLUE today in Beijing! Not gray, not smoggy or foggy, but crystal clear blue. I felt like I was in Florida! They recently stopped allowing trucks into the city within the last few days, but I am not sure that would have made such a drastic difference so quickly...I have seen one other day like this a couple weeks ago, and it was also a Sunday. I would guess that there is a 98% chance that tomorrow it will be back to it's normal overcast color.

Because the trucks are no longer allowed in the city, they are for some reason camping out on the sides of back roads, like the roads close to me...

Check out the pics!


PHF with a blue backdrop.


Look! The sky is blue in Beijing!


The awesome "toothpaste tube" building in Beijing.


Trucks waiting until they can go into the city again.

No comments: