Saturday, July 26, 2008

25 on the 25th!

That's right. I just turned 25 on the 25th. Apparently this means that this year is my golden year. What does that mean exactly? I don't have a clue, but I am looking forward to finding out! This is the second year in a row that I have celebrated my birthday in China, and it's fun because it's pretty much my birthday for 2 days. Aww yeah.

Last year we went KTVing (Karaoke). And my bestest friend Samantha was here and it was close to her birthday too! Sadly, Samantha did not come along for the adventure this year, but I did have some fun people here to hang out with. You become friends with people pretty quickly here and it's awesome because you immediately have China and an interst in orphans in common. In case you somehow missed the photos from last year, here's a taste of what the big 2-4 looked like...




If you know me at all, you know that I love music, so I decided to go to the Hard Rock Cafe in Beijing for my birthday dinner. There was live music (yay) and they even made the TV screens say Happy Birthday and beat on pans and sang Happy Birthday in Chinese really loud. AND to finish it off, they smashed some of the cake on my face! Good times.




Then we went to the movies and saw a Chinese film called "Red Cliff." Don't worry, there were subtitles, but I totally could have understood the entire movie without them ;) This movie was actually really good and was part one of a 2 part epic. January 2009 the epic continues. Basically, this movie was the Chinese version of the movie 300, in my opinion. Check it out below...





So I had a great birthday here. Thanks for all the ecards and birthday wishes! Love and miss you all!

Golden year, Here I Come!

3 comments:

eveboger said...

Tabitha! Happy Birthday to you! How many people get to celebrate one birthday in China, let alone two! I wonder what SOMEONE is trying to tell you....you look great in your pictures, and I am so happy you are doing well. Thank you for continuing to share with us, and for letting us live vicariously through you!
And many more......

Love, Eve

janetd64 said...

I am glad you had a good time. We missed you though! We love you !!! Happy Birthday!! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Tabitha!!! We hope you had a Great Birthday.... we have so much to catch up on...Love Your posts... Miss you more than you know... Keep up the good work...I have a son in law to be... so we must talk soon...yep you read that right... Miss you Bunches...saw Annie the other day... and TT is gone... for good...

Will talk soon...

Love You

Patty

I am sure I will appear annonomous or what ever again.. not to good at this...