Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Off to Luoyang

I didn't think I was going to have time to pull this off, so I had pretty much decided to not go. Last Saturday, I walked into a travel office just to see how much tickets were, and since they were so much cheaper than I thought they were going to be, I walked out with one :)

Am I really as random a person as I sound? Probably so.

So tonight I am leaving on the night train and will arrive in Luoyang early in the morning. The plan is to see Maria's House of Hope and a local orphanage there. I'll be back early Saturday morning!


While I am here and am thinking of it, let me ask you a few q's....

-what are some things that you would want to know about living here?

-what would you ask a nanny if you were here?

-if you could ask a child in an orphanage anything, what would you ask them?

-what perceptions do you have of China?

-if you could travel to China, where in China would you go?



If you are reading this, please consider these questions. I want to tell you all I can about this grand place!




P.S. Sweet little Drew fell asleep on me the other day :)



P.P.S. I bet that all of you thought that I was over in China, but actually I have been in Nashville the entire time!

4 comments:

erin said...

i think the question is....how much are YOU going to miss CHINA?? and how are you going to handle it? are you ready to go back? whatcha going to do next? when do you finally live for n'ville? ok i know that was more than one question...it was supposed to just be one to begin with....

janetd64 said...

So, did you eat at the Nashville restaurant? what kind of place is it? That is a very sweet picture with Drew!

Table for Six said...

OHMY, I can't wait to hold that child!!!!
Tabitha, that is the sweetest photo. Thanks for posting it. I have a feeling I am going to need to set up a "drop-by" room (you know bed, dresser ect) for you and have an open door policy to our home :O))))))))Let it be clear now, you are always welcome in our home.
Jill
Drew's mommy
I need your information so we don't lose contact.
email me
sheltoncrew6@gmail.com

janetd64 said...

Ask the nannys, what they feel when a child leaves with their forever family?
Ask the kids, what would they wish for if they had 1 wish to make?