Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's a Small World After All

Remember how I was saying what a small world it is???


Well in case you have forgotten, let me add another story to further confirm just how teeny tiny this world is.

How I ended up in China the first time is kind of a long story for another time, but the first time I came to China was the summer of 2005. During that trip I met some great new friends, one of whom is my best friend Samantha! On this trip I also met a little girl named Anna. Anna was at that time matched to a family in New York.


A few weeks ago a woman named Dawn from New York arrived here to teach. She is also my new roommate. Throughout the last few weeks she has been talking about her friend Marilyn that has a little girl from China named Anna. I saw some pictures of her two daughters from China that Dawn had brought with her. There are so many kids in China and kids adopted from here that my mind didn't even think of these children being ones I may have met before.


Today as we were playing with some of the kids in the House of Blessings (my fav house!), there was a little boy named Nick in there. Nick has a deformed ear that has caused his hearing to be less than ideal. Dawn then mentioned that her friend Marilyn's little girl has an ear similar to Nick's. And then a light came on in my head.

"Her name is Anna right? And she lives in New York....what orphanage is she from...? Hmmmm........I KNOW HER!!!!


I am continually amazed at all the random connections that have unfolded throughout this trip! And there are probably more that I don't even know of yet! Dawn thinks this means that I am supposed to work in or do something with adoption, which I would like very much to do, so if you know of anything, anywhere-let me know!!


Anna is now 5 years old. This is us in July 2005.

4 comments:

The Anderson Family said...

I know you have blessed many families with your blog/updates while waiting for their precious little ones. Tell Dawn "hi" and I hope she has settled in well. How is Moses - I would love an update/pictures before you leave. God has given you some great connections - He has a plan for you - can't wait to hear what it is.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tabitha...This is Marilyn, Anna's mom and Dawn's friend. I love the way that our Father works things out. How great that you were able to be with Anna three years ago in China. She is an adorable & precious child who makes us laugh. What a blessing she has been and continues to be to our family. Thanks for the new pictures of her. As you know any pictures of a child before they are adopted are priceless to the child as they get older and to the parent as a part of their child's life before adoption. Thank you so very much.

Table for Six said...

Tabitha, you are so beautiful. Inside and out. May God continue to show His hand to you as you prgress forward in your life. You have been such a blessing to our family , as well as others. We will begin to pray that God shows you where He wants you adn that you are obedient to His calling for your life.
I know that your last couple weeks wil be bittersweet. Enjoy them as they draw to a close. Thank you so much for all you have given us. Truly, you were used by God and it is priceless.
much love,
Jill Shelton and family
(overlook the spelling errors.. :O)

Peggy said...

Wow Tabitha! I just read your story re Anna and guess what? I know Anna too! She was part of our adoption group and the Pieschkes were just an amazing family to be with!! This is one full circle to go around! I love how the Lord has put it all together!

Peggy in MN