Thursday, August 28, 2008

The INSIDE scoop on the Olympics...or something :)

I have never really been much of a sports fan, unless it involves something dangerous (aka extreme sports). I like dare-devils, what can I say…but being around all the Olympic hype and excitement of this country, I decided to be a part of this historic moment for China, and in the process decided that going to see sports is pretty fun. I still don’t like watching them on TV though.

On the 18th, Leah and I snuck onto the Olympic Green (hehe) and watched the taping of the Today Show and saw Micahel Phelps, and apparently I was on TV!


There he is!



The cast of the Today Show.


I like soccer (what is known to the rest of the world as football) so after much searching I was able to find tickets to a semi-final game, and it happened to be the US playing Japan, so that was exciting…especially since the US won. And by the way, these were the tickets I was concerned about possibly being fake, and they were REAL! YAY!

I tried to go see the BMX motocross (back to the dare-devil in me) but it was rained out, so I saw the mountain biking instead. Not quiet as exhilarating, but it was still fun to watch and I got some cool pictures.



The BMX venue.



In front of the "rained out" sign.



Go USA!!


The photographers, how lazy are they? I had to work for my pics!
In fact, I think I worked harder than any of these “photo guys” sitting on the ground to get my pictures (being squished against and fence and nearly passing out from the heat), so enjoy!



The medalists!



I love this because of all the Chinese people peeking between the plants.

No comments: