Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Favorite House

I just got back from being in one of my favorite houses, the House of Blessings. This is my favorite house because my little baby Drew lives in there (see previous post), and Cadence lives in there too. Though, neither of them are really babies anymore…I fell in love with Drew last year the first day I saw him, both of his legs in full casts. I smiled as he pulled himself across the floor dragging his casts along like they were no big deal. They didn’t seem to bother him one bit. So everyday I try to sneak over to one of the houses and take a break from “work” and chill with the kids. The past few days have been so funny.

I mean, usually the kids like me, but lately they have been fighting over me and hitting each other over the head to try to get me to hold them. I walked into the house today, and 10 Asian kids come charging at me, all grabbing my legs to the point where I can no longer walk. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining at all. I LOVE it!! Some of them say “Mama” or “Jia Jia” (big sister) as they reach up their little arms in hopes that they will be the one that I pick up first. If I had 10 arms, I would pick them all up, but I was only blessed with two (which is probably a good thing, otherwise I might look a little strange.)

The one little boy I came in there particularly to see is looking on as he plays with his toy. He’s not really one to fight I have observed. The other day he was playing with something and another kid came and took it away, Drew started to look a little sad, the nanny came and took the toy and gave it back to Drew, the other boy started crying, and Drew looks at him, quite stunned, and handed the toy back to him. He’s a little sweetheart and I love him. If I was 30, and met the extensive list of requirements, I would adopt him right now, but most of you have already heard me say that a number of times ☺ Alas, until I am 30, and married, and have money, and whatever else I need to do, I will pray that he, and all the children here get adopted into loving homes, preferably close to my home so I can come visit everyday. FREE BABYSITTER PEOPLE!
After a little while of being smothered by little ones, I stood up and walked over to Drew and scooped him up, with still 3 kids clinging to my pantlegs. We went to look at the dog, which seems to be one of his favorite things. One of my favorite things too, how about that! If it was a cat though, we would’ve had to have a long talk....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tabitha...

I miss you so much!!! Love your Blog... your personal story of being there and helping those children simply break my heart...I loved seeing the pictures of all the children eating McDonald's.... wow!!! Please continue to add to the blog because thats the only way I can see your beautiful smile and spirit. I can only say how proud your parents must be of you... I hope that you know that I too am so very proud of you and what you must mean to those children.

Stacey & Steve send the best wishes to you and well all can't wait until you return.

Patty

Table for Six said...

Hi. Our nams are Bob and Jill. It is a pleasure seeing your blog, which a friend directed me to. You see, we have been approved through CCAA to adopt Drew:O) I thought you may be happy to know that he is coming home to 3 siblings.. our youngest daughter. age 5, and our son age4 are both Chinese as well. He will also have a 8 year sister. He is my precious son and it warms my heart to know he is getting LOVE and prayers from so many kind people around the world. We should travel within the next month or two to love him upclose an personal ourselves.
Thank you for loving our son and your words are pricelss to add to his baby book.
Please keep in touch.
Much love and hugs from KC!
Jill S.

Tabitha Michelle said...

Oh my, that is sooo great! I do hope that you will travel to get him while I am still here! I was here last year July-Sept. I think I remember meeting you and your daughter!